Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Unregenerate Heart

John 3:19-20
This is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 

We are not neutral when light approaches. We resist it. And we are not neutral when spiritual darkness envelops us. We embrace it. Love and hate are active in the unregenerate heart. And they move in exactly the wrong directions- hating what should be loved and loving what should be hated.


My heart scares me. My unregenerate heart scares me. My spiritually dead, morally selfish, rebellious, guilty, hopelessly unresponsive, corrupt and guilty condition scares me. It terrifies me. I can't take this anymore. Praying, asking, and begging for a rescue. A beautiful, flawless, vulnerable, exposing rescue. Praying for something that is out of my control... I just want to be chosen. I want to be redeemed. I want to be freed from this bondage. I want my shackles cast off in the light. I want this flesh to die and His Spirit to reign! I don't want to spit in His face anymore. I want to pour oil on His feet, and surrender my life wholly and completely to Him. Not my will, but Thine, Lord. I want Him to take His rightful place upon the throne of my life- PLEASE! You've won my heart, God, what more can I do? Please just choose me and breathe life into this unregenerate heart.

But how could He love someone like me? I'm bounded by these chains, and have not been willing to be set free. Satan is the temptress whom I've learned to love and hate, but right now I want nothing less than to be saved.

Save this heart.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home