Friday, March 11, 2011

Make War

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. -James 1:13-14
God tests. Satan tempts.
Tonight God helped me to resist the temptation I have faced and succumbed to daily for months. Praise Him! But one night of not engaging is not enough. It takes 30+ days usually to break a habit. This one might take me a little longer.
What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Nothing can for sin atone. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Great Deliverer, I just want to scream sometimes. Help this to not be the only time I resist the temptation that seems so enticing and lures me in. Do what You must to keep my eyes, hands, and heart focused on You, so that my mind won't wallow in the mires of sin.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. -1 Corinthians 10:13
Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home