Thursday, March 24, 2011

Patience

Recently I have learned to be still and listen. I have allowed God to stir desires in my heart and I have allowed time for me to examine them.
Last semester I was encouraged by someone who constantly listened to the voice of God. She would be walking to class and the Lord would tell her to do something... and she immediately obeyed- no hesitation. My mind could not grapple with this kind of living. It was something I never experienced. I actually began to be filled with jealousy, because it was something I so desperately desired. Someone tonight at the C4 Bible Study shared a similar experience, and for the first time I realized how impatient I am. I was not allowing God to have time to work in my heart and break down each barrier I have spent 19 years building. Just because my desires have changed and I yearn to have a deep relationship with God, does not mean He will transform me overnight.
My impatience is frustrating. I want to hear God in the way these people have. I want to allow Him to stir things in my heart that help advance the Kingdom of God. I want Him to use me. John 10:27 says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." That is my prayer.


For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.
Matthew 13:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home