Thursday, March 31, 2011

What a wonderful Maker.

So, let me just start off by saying,
GOD IS GOOD.
Yeah, He's really, really, really, really, really, REALLY good!
For the first time in, well I don't even know how long, I am excited for my future. "...he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6) How exciting!
I have lost countless hours of sleep just worrying about school and where I will go or what I will do. But, Matthew 6:25,33-34 says, "Therefore, I tell you do not worry about your life....But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Worrying does no good.
I lose numerous hours of sleep just planning my life and my future. But, Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."!
How silly am I for planning- rather foolish. Don't get me wrong, I think it is important to have plans...but TRUST in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all yoru ways submit to him, and he WILL make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)!!
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
-Proverbs 16:9
Thankful that He is in control. Thankful that He is a much bigger plan for my life than I could ever imagine. Thankful that He allows a weakling like ME to help further the Kingdom. Thankful that He has revealed my unworthiness to the world, to lift His name higher."But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me"(2 Corinthians 12:9)


Jesus, give me Your heart. Let there be a death in me! I'm making room for all that You are. Give me Your heart! Break me down. Build me up. Let who I was keep falling apart. Give me Your heart! Burn away all the drugs. Come on, let the fire start. Give me Your heart! Oh, my Creator...May I be low, so You're made higher. I'll be weak, for You are strong in the weak man.

I’d be lying if I said it would be easy to go back to Covenant. In fact, it would most likely be a challenge in various different ways. But I’m not seeking what is easy. I’m seeking to be in align with God’s plan for my life and trusting that He will give me the strength to do what I need to do, and the wisdom to make the right decisions. Going back makes me apprehensive and fearful. But I have been praying about this and God has been softening my heart and allowing me to see His vision bit by bit. And it’s a real exciting thing, no matter how intimidating it is. And although it was originally against what every bone in my body desired, I have learned to be satisfied when I am working in the will of God. After fervent and long nights of prayer, God has pushed me in this direction and so I pursue it. I trust that if what has been stirred in my heart is not His desire, He will close the doors. And for that reason alone, I am content...for I am not in control (THANK YOU).
If God closes the doors to Covenant, I have other exciting opportunities. Actually, studying in Peru, New Zealand, Australia, Liberia, Egypt, and China are all possibilities as well as interning there. Soooo, I can't really complain.

MAY YOUR WILL BE DONE!
The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him.
-Nahum 1:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home