Monday, April 11, 2011

Your Love...it's better than drugs

Yesterday being at work was hard. Not so much hard, but embarrassing. I only worked with one person, but I didn't want her to see. I don't think she would understand. I don't think anyone would understand. 

But then I realize, I don't need anyone to understand. I need someone to listen. I need someone to hold me when I shake and wipe away the tears when I cry. But even when someone says that it is okay to talk, everyone always knows that nobody ever means that.

I know He said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." But sometimes it is hard to feel His arms embracing me. Sometimes I want to feel Him through His people.

Feel your every heartbeat
Feel you on these empty nights
Calm the ache, stop the shakes
You clear my mind
You're my escape
From this messed up place
'Cause you let me forget
You numb my pain

Feel you when I'm restless
Feel you when I cannot cope
You're my addiction, my prescription, my antidote
You kill the poison
Ease the suffering
Calm the rage when I'm afraid
To feel again

How can I tell you just all that you are
What you do to me

Feel your every heartbeat
Feel you on these empty nights
You're the strength of my life

You're better than drugs
Your love is like wine
Feel you comin' on so fast
Feel you comin' to get me high
You're better than drugs
Addicted for life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home